'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 21 November 2013

Harry Potter #40

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog here


The most touching moment in the series
I'm finding this one quite tough. The entire series is filled to the brim with touching scenes and I found myself welling up so often when reading it. I can guarantee if you asked me the same question tomorrow I'd give you a different answer. I think, for today, I'm going to go with Harry's visit to his parents graves in Godric's Hollow, and his old  home. It's heartbreaking but definitely needed. I cried like a baby along with Harry and I loved that Hermione was there to support him through it. 

“Hermione had taken his hand again and was gripping it tightly. He could not look at her, but returned the pressure, now taking deep, sharp gulps of the night air, trying to steady himself, trying to regain control. He should have brought something to give them, and he had not thought of it, and every plant in the graveyard was leafless and frozen. But Hermione raised her wand, moved it in a circle through the air, and a wreath of Christmas roses blossomed before them. Harry caught it and laid it on his parent's grave.
As soon as he stood up he wanted to leave: He did not think he could stand another moment there. He put his arm around Hermione's shoulders, and she put hers around his waist, and they turned in silence and walked away through the snow, past Dumbledore's mother and sister, back toward the dark church and the out-of-sight kissing gate.” 
- J. K. Rowling

4 comments:

  1. I agree, this is especially tough question! The moment you chose is really sad but in a way beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deathly Hallows has always been the most emotional book for me to read out of the series. I felt like crying every other chapter. This scene with Harry and Hermione at the graveyard in Godric's Hollow is such a beautifully written one; lovely pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more Leah, with you and Lee: the entire Deathly Hallows reading experience is ALWAYS so emotional! But yeah, the scene you chose at the graveyard is a top one for me as well. I felt relieved that Harry had a chance finally got to see his parent's grave, properly grieve and hopefully begin to heal but it was completely gut-wrenching at the same time. Hermione was so lovely too, I was so glad they had each other there ♥ Wonderful pick ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, beautiful pick! One of my faves. I loved how there was this statue that 'greeted' him, that was so totally awesome. <3 visiting the grave and the house was amazing as well, so many feels! Definitely cried like a baby... :X :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).