'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #43

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on.



Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge

Cruel Beauty
Graceling meets Beauty and the Beast in this sweeping fantasy about one girl's journey to fulfill her destiny and the monster who gets in her way-by stealing her heart.

Based on the classic fairy tale Beauty and the Beast, Cruel Beauty is a dazzling love story about our deepest desires and their power to change our destiny.

Since birth, Nyx has been betrothed to the evil ruler of her kingdom-all because of a foolish bargain struck by her father. And since birth, she has been in training to kill him.

With no choice but to fulfill her duty, Nyx resents her family for never trying to save her and hates herself for wanting to escape her fate. Still, on her seventeenth birthday, Nyx abandons everything she's ever known to marry the all-powerful, immortal Ignifex. Her plan? Seduce him, destroy his enchanted castle, and break the nine-hundred-year-old curse he put on her people.

But Ignifex is not at all what Nyx expected. The strangely charming lord beguiles her, and his castle-a shifting maze of magical rooms-enthralls her.

As Nyx searches for a way to free her homeland by uncovering Ignifex's secrets, she finds herself unwillingly drawn to him. Even if she could bring herself to love her sworn enemy, how can she refuse her duty to kill him? With time running out, Nyx must decide what is more important: the future of her kingdom, or the man she was never supposed to love.

I've been lucky enough to snag a copy of this off of Edelweiss and am really looking forward to reading it! It sounds so, so good! 

7 comments:

  1. Good pick! I keep seeing this book around all the time, and I need to get my hands on it because I am really curious now :D
    Happy reading, hope you get it soon!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! Cannot wait for this one! Tried requesting it from Edelweiss but I do believe I was denied. Got lots of rejections from them awhile back. Pretty disappointing. :(

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I've got a copy of this from Edelweiss as well! I can't wait to read it :D
    Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds so good! I really need to read more fairy-tale retellings since I loved Cinder and Scarlet. I hope you get it soon!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I just got a copy too! I'm really looking forward to this one -- it sounds like a great spin on the story. I hope you enjoy!

    Lisa
    My Wednesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! I can NOT wait to read this one either ( I was lucky enough to get one from EW too!!) An assassin type MC mixed into this retelling sounds brilliant doesn't it?! Hopefully it's as good as (or better) than we're even hoping :D Brilliant pick ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait for this one! The cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).