'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #42

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on.



After the End - Amy Plum
After the End (After the End, #1)
"She’s searching for answers to her past. They’re hunting her to save their future."

World War III has left the world ravaged by nuclear radiation. A lucky few escaped to the Alaskan wilderness. They've survived for the last thirty years by living off the land, being one with nature, and hiding from whoever else might still be out there.

At least, this is what Juneau has been told her entire life.

When Juneau returns from a hunting trip to discover that everyone in her clan has vanished, she sets off to find them. Leaving the boundaries of their land for the very first time, she learns something horrifying: There never was a war. Cities were never destroyed. The world is intact. Everything was a lie.

Now Juneau is adrift in a modern-day world she never knew existed. But while she's trying to find a way to rescue her friends and family, someone else is looking for her. Someone who knows the extraordinary truth about the secrets of her past

7 comments:

  1. I just added it to my list on Goodreads after seeing it on another blog as this week's pick! :D It sounds great!
    My WoW

    Bieke @ Istyria book blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds very interesting, especially with setting in Alaska! I still need to finish the third book in her Revenants series, but I liked her writing style. I'll be adding this one to my TBR shelf :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one actually sounds pretty interesting! I couldn't get into Amy's first series but I might try this one out!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this one more than once today. It sounds like an intresting read. Thanks for sharing!

    My Wow @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, I'd never heard of this one but it sounds gooood. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention, it feels like I haven't read a good dystopian in ages but reading the premise for this one made me want to know more! Awesome pick ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooh, never heard about this one before; looks really good!
    Hope you get it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice. I had this as my pick last week. I can't wait to read it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).