'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #34

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the wonderful blog; Broke and Bookish. This weeks is : Top Ten Scariest Looking Book Covers. This is difficult as I don't tend to find book covers particularly scary! I'll list a few fairly creepy looking ones here:





Dolly: A Ghost Story Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)
Carrie It
HysteriaThe Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1)
Ashes (Ashes Trilogy, #1)
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. HydeThe Lost Girl

11 comments:

  1. Ugh, Dolly! That one is super creepy indeed! And It, oh, terrible. Clowns suck!
    Great selection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dolly is so scary! I was looking for covers with porcelain dolls in them because they're super creepy! Cover of Carrie is really scary to! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cover is Ashes is just the creepiest thing ever. So glad that I have the other one sitting on my bookshelf and not this one! Dolly is just plain creepy; I hate anything to do with little china dolls! Great choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dolly is majorly creepy. Hadn't seen that cover before

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots and lots of Anna today! Chose her books as well! Seeing a lot of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children too! Lots of cool freaky covers here!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the second person I've seen with this cover of It. I'm pretty sure its going to give me nightmares :\ Great picks tho!

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peregrine's cover is sooo crazy .. it's the reason I read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find the cover for "It" so scary that I would not read it! Clowns=nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, good ones! I went with It too -- so many of us are forever freaked out by clowns because of that book!

    Lisa
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOoh, Dolly and IT. I hate clowns *shudders* so IT would definitely be on my list. So creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Miss Peregrine is so creepy, but it makes me want to try the book. The doll one is going to give me nightmares now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).