'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 22 October 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #33

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the wonderful blog; Broke and Bookish. This weeks is : Top Ten characters name I love/ unusual names. Ahhh there are so many brilliant character names! There are also some pretty terrible names out there, but I love reading something different! In no particular order:


1. Celaena Sardothien - Throne of Glass
2. Arabella Figg - Harry Potter 
3. Blue Sargent - The Raven Boys 
4. Cinder - Lunar Chronicles
5. Bellatrix Lestrange - Harry Potter
6. Mia Thermopolis - The Princess Diaries
7. Adelice Lewys - Crewel World
8. Zsadist - The Blackdagger Brotherhood
9. Daenerys Targaryen - A Song of Ice and Fire
10. Katniss Everdeen - The Hunger Games 

Honourable mentions:
Remus Lupin, Luna Lovegood, Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter) , Karou (Daughter of Smoke and Bone), Avry (Avry of Kazan), Eve Levine (Women of the Otherworld), Tyrion Lannister, Cersei Lannister, Arya Stark (Song of Ice and Fire)

9 comments:

  1. Great picks, mostly didn't make my top 10 but Hermione and Dany might make my top 20 :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Blue Sargent and Katniss Everdeen too :). I haven't read ASoIaF series, but having watched the series...I really like a lot of the character names.

    Read Books and Blog | Addicted to Films

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! Harry Potter names seemed to have slipped my attention! Guess because I am so used to them now!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list, I have some of these names on mine, too! I forgot about Bellatrix Lestrange, I always loved her name even if I didn't like her :)

    My Top Ten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adelice is a cool name. Probably my favorite on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cheated and had basically everyone from Harry Potter and The Hunger Games haha. Avry and Celaena made my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list, and we definitely have some cross-over! I forgot about Arabella Figg -- gotta love those HP names! Can't believe I didn't think of Katniss either... and I haven't seen poor Peeta getting any love yet this Tuesday!
    :)

    Lisa
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three of these also make my list; Katniss, Daenerys and Celaena - such beautiful names!

    Becca @ Lost in Thought
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/top-ten-unusual-character-names-i-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great names! I especially love all the HP references. I only restricted myself to one on my list, but I think I could have done so many more. Besides the HP ones, I also love Cinder, Katniss, Zsadist, and Mia. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).