'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #32

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the wonderful blog; Broke and Bookish. This weeks is : Top Ten  Books I was forced to read. With an English Literature undergrad and masters under my belt, this list really could be endless I'm going to list my top favourite books that I was 'forced' to read here (from university, school, bloggers etc):


School

1984The Handmaid's Tale

University
RebeccaThe Little StrangerThe Taming of the Shrew

Through Blogging
The Fault in Our StarsThrone of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)Delirium (Delirium, #1)

Media
The Great Gatsby

9 comments:

  1. Nice list! I have ToG on my list as well, it was amazing :)
    I wish we read something cool in classes. I need to get on Atwood soon.
    Happy reading!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your school/university books are all amazing! I love Sara Waters, and I really should reread Rebecca this year! Great choices!

    Lisa
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love TFIOS and Delirium. The Great Gatsby is good too!

    New follower :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Great Gatsby was a great read! I can'r believe I forgot to add it to my list!

    Great list!
    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. TFiOS and Throne of Glass are actually some of my favorite books! I didn't love Gatsby though. Great list!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have liked to have read Atwood in school. Willa Cather was a surprise favorite in my undergrad reading, but I can't remember the name of my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you seperated the list, it's awesome! Awesome job
    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always wanted to read Rebecca. I'm jealous you were assigned to read this for class.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the different categories! I still need to read The Handmaid's Tale, but I do have a copy on my e-reader. Love TFiOS and Cinder!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).