'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #31

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the wonderful blog; Broke and Bookish. This weeks is : Top Ten Five Book Turn-Offs. I don't think I have many of these to be honest, so this will be quite challenging.

  1. Stereotypes: I really hate when there are characters that are just one big bundle of stereotype all in one. Ugh. There's nothing more refreshing than original characters.
  2. Erotica: I just can't deal with it. It's too cringy!
  3. Aliens: A bit of sci-fi that I can't really get along with.
  4. Excessive Romance: I love a bit of romance in books, but I can't deal with over the top, lovesick, Romeo and Juliet type of characters.
  5. Religion: It tends to come across as preachy. Not my cup of tea.

4 comments:

  1. Over-the-top romance really blows, especially when it's super unrealistic, puppy-kind of love. *barf*
    And yes, religion.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no problem with aliens, but I agree with the others! I'm not that into romance books, either.

    My Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aliens are a big no no for my co-blogger! You are not alone there :)

    Our TTT

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a huge fan of aliens, but I have read some decent books with them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).