'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Monday, 7 October 2013

SEPTEMBER Blog Recap

September hasn't been an overly busy month on Uncorked Thoughts, although I have had some incredibly exciting news! I was offered an Internship at Angry Robot Books (which I am currently doing). I was over the moon and needless to say that really hasn't changed. It is brilliant and it definitely confirms that publishing is the right career for me. It has only been a week but there has already been some priceless experiences! 
Other than that, I partly participated it in the Classics Retold Challenge, although that died off a little towards the end of the month as I got a little bored of reading a variety of Alice in Wonderland retellings. I mean, I enjoyed Alice but not enough to read an entire month's worth of her! 


REVIEWED
Starters (Starters, #1)Alice's Adventures In WonderlandSplintered (Splintered, #1)How to Be a WomanFollow the White Rabbit (Beautiful Madness, #1)Teardrop (Teardrop, #1)Fifty Shades of Alice in Wonderland  (Fifty Shades of Alice Trilogy #1)Broken (Broken, #1)The Red Queen Dies: A Mystery

Plans for October
- Angry Robot Internship
- Catch up on my physical ARCs
- Post a few discussion posts

What are your plans for October? 

2 comments:

  1. Teardrop and Broken! I want thoseee!

    I plan on finishing all my For review books then start with my personal TBR. Am still trying to stick with my One-Post-A-Day challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again on the internship!! I definitely need to read Splintered, Starters, Teardrop & Broken! Congrats on a wonderful September and here's to an ever better October :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).