'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 10 October 2013

Harry Potter #34

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take here.  
part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog.

Favourite moment in Prisoner of Azkaban
Although the image isn't exactly what I was looking for it still kind of depicts what I loved most in this book. My favourite bit was that slight moment where Harry and Sirius could have become family for one another. Harry could have (potentially) escaped from the Dursley's and Sirius would finally be able to have a family. Ahhh, Rowling is so cruel in wrenching this away from us! I loved them breaking Sirius out as well so that he could escape. It was all so beautiful and definitely brings a tear to my eye!

“I'll understand, of course, if you want to stay with your aunt and uncle,' said Sirius. 'But...well...think about it. Once my name's cleared...if you wanted a...a different home...' 
Some sort of explosion took place in the pit of Harry's stomach. 'What - live with you?' he said, accidentally cracking his head on a bit of rock protruding from the ceiling. 'Leave the Dursleys?' 
'Of course. I thought you wouldn't want to' said Sirius quickly. 'I understand. I just thought I'd -' 
'Are you mad?' said Harry, his voice easily as croaky as Sirius. 'Of course I want to leave the Dursleys! Have you got a house? When can I move in?” 


5 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I LOVE that scene where Sirius offers Harry a home with him! It's also so heartbreaking, knowing what happens later on in the series. I also love when Hermione makes that door explode! Great picks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was so sad that for Rowling to have Harry right where she needed him as a character, he had to have all of his parent figures ripped away from him. That was a great scene that definitely showed us what could have been. Excellent choice! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh, we picked the exact same moment ♥ but you worded it much better! I ADORE that for one brief shining moment they would have had a home together & been a family. It's still one of the cruelest things in the entire series imo! I get SO happy for them both and then so horribly sad that it never happens...

    Hermione and Harry breaking Sirius out is a sweet victory though and an epic scene. It almost makes up for the above^^ hehe Fabulous choices :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That part was awesome as well, and I agree, JKR is so cruel to take that away. And reading book five at the moment... Just ugh, frustration all around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This whole bit is so heart wrenching! I so wanted Harry to be able to go live with Sirius!
    Cait @ Book Love

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).