'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 3 October 2013

Harry Potter #33

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take here.  
part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog.

Favourite Place in the Series
Hogsmeade is easily my favourite place. It makes me feel so warm and snuggly and it always reminds me of Christmas. I love reading about all of their adventures into Hogsmeade and I just think it sounds absolutely beautiful. There's something so magical about the place. 

“They make a fuss about Hogsmeade, but I assure you, Harry, it's not all it's cracked up to be. All right, the sweetshop's rather good, and Zonko's Joke Shop's frankly dangerous, and yes, the Shrieking Shack is always worth a visit, but really, Harry, apart from that, you're not missing anything.”

I would love to go, Butterbeer anyone?


6 comments:

  1. I just love all of the descriptions of Hogsmeade in the books! I could probably live in Honeydukes; I'd certainly go broke spending all my money there. I really have to get to the Wizarding World of HP (especially since I live about half an hour away, lol) and try Butterbeer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hogsmeade!! ♥ I adore that place so much! I never thought to mention it cause I guess I always think of it as included in the 'greater-Hogwarts' area but it totally deserves more recognition :D THAT would be an amazing place to live, so close to Hogwarts...a magical little village tucked in there, with all those amazing shops XD Love your pick Leah ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It makes me feel so warm and snuggly and it always reminds me of Christmas. I love reading about all of their adventures into Hogsmeade and I just think it sounds absolutely beautiful. There's something so magical about the place."
    I SO agree. I love Hogsmeade, it so fairytale-ish in a way, I'd love to be there myself. Awesome pick, hun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Hogsmeade! It makes me think of the creation of Dumbledore's Army and warm butterbeers. Plus, as you said, Christmas! Great choice :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pity you only get a few Hogsmeade visits a year-I'd have loved to spend every Saturday there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some reason, I think I'm more likely to associate Hogsmeade with the bad things that happened there rather than the good, or think about places like The Hog's Head instead of Zonko's. Thanks for reminding me about all the good things about Hogsmeade :) aha

    Laura @ What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).