'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Exciting News & Slow Blogging

A quick post to let you all know what's going on at the moment here at Uncorked Thoughts! I've been soooo unbelievably lucky and am currently doing an Internship at Angry Robot Books! I've just finished my second day there and it is so brilliant. I'm loving being a Robot! It's everything that I dreamt the job would be and I'm learning so much about the publishing world. It's definitely solidified my choice in career which is AWESOME.

It does mean, however, that I am going to be really slow on the comment front this week while I settle in in Nottingham and learn my way around. It's really exciting! Bare with me guys, I will get back to you :).

7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great opportunity!!!! Hope you enjoy your time there :)) I'm looking to do internships in publishing too but probably not til next year or after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the internship! That must be so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Followed you here from the latest Remic newsletter. Congrats on your internship! How amazing! Look forward to working with you and my crew at Adventures in SciFi Publishing. Angry Robot is one of our favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO awesome congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had this post bookmarked since it went up, I apologize for my lateness but BIG CONGRATS in the internship!! Wow, that's wonderful :D I can definitely relate to real life taking time away from my reading/blogging/commenting but I definitely won't stop following and visiting you! All the best!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).