'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 11 September 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #37

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on.



Twinmaker - Sean Williams
Twinmaker
High-stakes action combines with issues of friendship and body image in this timely and thought-provoking exploration of the intersection of technology and identity.

You can be Improved....

In a near-future world in which technology can transport you anywhere instantly, can a coded note enable you to change your body-to become taller, stronger, more beautiful? Clair is pretty sure the offer is too good to be true. But her best friend, Libby, is determined to give it a try, longing for a new, improved version of herself.

What starts as Libby's dream turns into Clair's nightmare when Libby falls foul of a deadly trap. With the help of Jesse, the school freak, and a mysterious-but powerful-stranger called Q, Clair's attempt to protect Libby leads her to an unimagined world of conspiracies and cover-ups. Soon her own life is at risk, and Clair is chased across the world in a desperate race against time.

Action and danger fuel Sean Williams's tale of technology, identity, and the lengths to which one girl will go to save her best friend.

This book sounds amazing!! I heard about it through Tea Time at Epic Reads and so happy. I need this book in my life!

8 comments:

  1. I really want to read this book as well, looks and sounds pretty good despite the low rating on GR.
    I saved it for next week :)
    Hope you get it soon!

    Hope you get it soon!

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this at my last blog stop! Nice one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh that sounds awesome! Definitely gonna have to check it out.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this but it does sound interesting! Nice pick :)
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this one! the blurb is inthralling so I'm totally putting it into my TBR! so thank you for that!

    Check out my Wow @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    And follow please if you like what you see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd never heard of this one but I really want to read it now! It sounds like nothing I've ever read before and how can anyone resist that?! :D Awesome pick, thanks for sharing ^^ I'm off to add it to my TBR shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard about it before! The synopsis sounds amazing, I'll definitely keep an eye on reviews! I hope you get it soon :)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).