'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 26 September 2013

Harry Potter #32

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take here.  
part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come in the Harry Potter section of my blog.

My Dissertation
Today's post definitely had to be about this. I turned it in today and no one can take this little book away from me, I just hope it does me proud! I looked at issues of ethics in Harry Potter so the chapters looked at gender, slavery and social issues of the series. It took a long time to write and was often really stressful, but I am sooooo proud of it. I feel so grateful to my supervisor as well for putting up with me and helping me out when I was going a little off topic. So yeah, relief and happiness! It just felt right to write my Masters dissertation on the literature series that I absolutely adore. 

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations again, honey! I wish a great grade for you! I hope you'll let me read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, congrats to you Leah, that is a HUGE accomplishment!! It must be interesting to look at the HP series from an educational standpoint. Especially since you chose such a meaty topic like ethics! I bet it's brilliant :D Makes me wish I had read the HP books when I was in Uni, instead of right after hehe. Thanks for sharing ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that's amazing! Congratulations Leah, that's so awesome to write about something you love!

    ~Tilly @ Hardcore Heroines

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Writing your dissertation on HP- that is awesome! Like Micheline, I totally wish that I'd started reading the books while I was in college; I would have referenced them in my school work at every opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would really love to read that. I bet it was nice to write about something that you are passionate about. I'm with everyone else and have to offer Congratulations :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could have studied Harry Potter at college instead of astronomy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).