'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 12 September 2013

Harry Potter #30

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here.  

                            Favourite Character
          
I absolutely love Lupin. He is so kind-hearted and I was devastated that he had to leave his post as Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. I loved how he was another father figure to Harry and he really was the voice of reason. He's one of the characters that I mourn the most in the series.

9 comments:

  1. I loooved Lupin! He was basically Harry's awesome scruffy uncle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Fantastic choice ♥ I just adore Lupin too! I remember hoping against all hope that the DADA curse would prove wrong in his case. I just wanted him to stay on as a teacher SO much. The things he made sure to teach Harry throughout the series AND the fact that he knew Harry's parents added to his seemingly endless knowledge base! He's such a tragic character though, I agree with you: he's one of the characters I mourn the most :*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pick! Lupin is one of the reasons why Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite book in the series. He was such a brilliant teacher and an incredibly courageous wizard. Love him, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lupin is a great pick! I loved him as a teacher and was sad to see him go, but at least he came back into Harry's life in later books. It would be a shame to not reintroduce him again :)

    My HPMOTW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lupin is the best DADA teacher! When he was first introduced, I thought perhaps we had a teacher that would stay in this post because he wasn't flighty or bad, but that didn't come to pass either. That's when I realized there had to be a curse on that position. I really enjoyed him with Tonks - that was a great pairing. Excellent choice! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lupin is amazing! He is one reason that I love The Prisoner of Azkaban so much! I was broken-hearted when he quit as Professor of DADA.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lupin is a great character. I remember really liking him when I was reading the books. He's kind of an outsider, a "tortured soul" (poor werewolf), but still (or maybe because of this) a very wise and kind person. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Lupin!! He is just wonderful... I wish he was my mentor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How great that everyone picked someone different this week. Just goes to show that JK really wrote some great characters.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).