'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 29 August 2013

Harry Potter #28

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here.  


Favourite Teacher in the Magical World
This was another equally difficult one for me. I love so many of the teachers in the series, from Lupin to Mad-Eye, McGonagall to Flitwick and it is really hard to chose just one of the amazing teachers Hogwarts has to offer. If I had to pick though, it would be:
Minerva McGonagall
She is sooooo badass! I adore her. Some of my favourite moments within the series contain McGonagall: her dismissal of Umbridge, her protection of Hogwarts, her maternal nature, her don't-give-a-f@ck nature. I just love her. She has complete control of her students and is such a brilliant witch. She is friendly, approachable yet so severe. I don't think I will ever forget the scene following Harry's eruption at Umbridge where she offers him a biscuit. Have I mentioned how much I love her? Haha. I love that she is such a strong female character. She is more than a teacher to her students. She is exactly what Hogwarts needed :).
 


4 comments:

  1. I picked her as well because she's so fierce and just amazing. I LOVED that Piertotum Locomotor scene in DH2, so so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love McGonagall! She's so tough yet has one of the kindest hearts. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh how could I not give a shout-out to McGonagall!? She is SO freaking brilliant! I adored that scene where she offered Harry a biscuit ♥ she knew he was right so she gives him a treat haha! You're right she is a STRONG woman and an amazing role model :D Fantastic pick ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. McGonagall is the greatest! I want to be her when I grow up...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).