'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 22 August 2013

Harry Potter #27

This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here.  

                            Favourite Subject
                            
Defence Against the Dark Arts. Such a vital lesson that Hogwarts teaches its students. I would love to learn the spells that they are taught (or not, in the case of Umbridge). My favourite DADA teacher was definitely Lupin, I was devastated that he had to leave but was so glad that he came back into the books. I loved the way the lessons took place and I really loved the extra twist in the role with the apparent curse of the job.
                 

7 comments:

  1. Great pick, I chose the same! I loved Lupin's DADA. It was the first time Harry and his friends actually learned something real and useful and I enjoyed reading about the creatures and such. Too bad he had to go, really. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love DADA too, but I preferred it most when Harry was the one teaching it hehe! Another one that I really liked was Transfiguration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went with DADA, too, Lupin's class in particular. The boggart lesson is one of my favorite scenes from the books and the movies. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha omg I went with DADA too - emphasis on Lupin ♥ I loved him so much and honestly that class just has the best of everything doesn't it?! :D Admittedly, I'd pretty much lose it if I got to attend ANY class in Hogwarts haha Great pick ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent choice! I love Defense Against the Dark Arts as well, and Lupin would definitely take the place as my favorite teacher of that subject. My favorite part of that one was the boggart. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your choice! Defense Against the Dark Arts was such an important class, but Lupin was one of the only teacher who cared about the students and knew the subject.

    I think I would probably have enjoyed Hagrid's class too, though. Hagrid had access to the coolest animals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would be a really fun class!! I would love it so much though it might scare me and make me look around corners constantly!

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).