'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 20 August 2013

A-Z Bookish Survey


I thought I'd have a little break from my blogging break haha. Time to take a ten minute break from the dissertation so I thought I'd join in with something which seems to be quite popular with blogs at the moment!
The survey was found on The Perpetual Page Turner blog.

Author you’ve read the most books from:
That's gotta be either Kelley Armstrong or J. R. Ward. I've read all of the BlackDagger Brotherhood books plus her Fallen Angels books. Then with Kelley I've read all of her Women of the Otherworld books, plus the entirety of her novellas and two of her Darkest Power books. They are amazing and if you have yet to read them, what are you waiting for? :)

Best Sequel Ever:
Toughy this. I've read so many wonderful sequels. The first one that sprang to mind was Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. That book series was amazing!

Currently Reading:
Skulk by Rosie Best.

Drink of Choice While Reading:
Water or Orange Squash.

E-reader or Physical Book?

Physical book! I love my Kindle, don't get me wrong, but nothing gets me immersed in a story as much as holding a physical book.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
Remus Lupin or Sirius Black! Haha. I adore these guys.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:
There are so many books that I'm glad I gave chances to. Tigers in Red Weather, Gone Girl and Vampire Academy are the main ones.

Hidden Gem Book:
The Mad Scientist's Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke. A phenomenal science-fiction novel about a robot, prejudice and love. It's such a beauty!

Important Moment in your Reading Life:
When I started this book blog. Or when I first read Harry Potter. This blog got me even more immersed into a world I already love, and Potter changed me.

Just Finished:
All Our Yesterdays - Cristin Terrill. Amazing.

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
 There isn't much I won't read to be honest. Probably romance if I had to pick one. I don't mind it in my books but I hate it when it becomes the focus of the novel.

Longest Book You’ve Read:
 Haha probably Ulysses by James Joyce. And I didn't read all of that.

Major book hangover because of:
Need you ask? Haha. Harry Potter. Wow, I was devastated. Delirium also left me feeling pretty horrified.

Number of Bookcases You Own:
One and several boxes containing books under my bed, a little ottoman type of thing with books and my desk. Can't wait to have some amazing bookshelves in my own house!

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
The Harry Potter series, Memoirs of a Geisha, Princess Diaries haha. I don't tend to re-read books as much any more :(.

Preferred Place To Read:
My bed or on Swansea beach :).

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:
The one on my blog: 'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms'.

Reading Regret:
That I didn't love Harry Potter immediately. It took my up until I watched the very first film to fall in love with them.

Series You Started And Need To Finish (all books are out in series):
Vampire Academy :)

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Crown of Midnight, Wuthering Heights.

Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Several authors! J. K. Rowling (obviously), J. R. Ward, Kelley Armstrong, Sarah J. Maas, Lauren Oliver.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:
The King by J. R. Ward :)

Worst Bookish Habit:
Probably folding the cover around the back of the book to read it!

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
The Iron King - Julie Kagawa. I still need to read this series!

Your latest book purchase:
Ha, Killing the Angel in the House: Seven Essays - Virginia Woolf. Something for my gender chapter :).

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
All our Yesterdays! 

5 comments:

  1. OMG I am such a terrible person, HOW DID I FORGET TO ANTICIPATE THE KING?! Dude I suck.
    And you didn't like HP immediately? Good thing you do now or we couldn't be friends missy! :P
    Also yeah, you need to finish Va, the sooner the better! :D \o/
    I have yet to start Armstrong's books, I have so many...
    Love these answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back (ish). Hope your dissertation is going well.

    Your answer to fictional boyfriend is so good. I never even thought of Harry Potter. I'd definitely pick a young Sirius (or Oliver Wood!).

    Here's my survey.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great survey! Vampire Academy is so awesome and so is Harry Potter. Glad you mentioned them!
    Here is mine: http://thewindypages.com/the-a-to-z-survey/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I may have a problem -- Sirius Black is my high school boyfried!! LOL. Nice list... can't go wrong when you're a Harry Potter fan! Here's mine: http://bookshelffantasies.com/2013/08/13/a-to-z-bookish-survey/

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I (of course) LOVED seeing all the HP love in here, I especially ♥ how you wrote that the series 'changed you' - SO true! I actually had a similar but kind of opposite reaction to HP at the start: I saw the movies 1 & 2 first and didn't fall in love right away. It wasn't until I read the books that I became hooked...and recognized how good those films were >.< Oh and Sirius and/or Lupin as high school bf's?! WIN.

    J.R. Ward, the Delirium Series and the VA series are all high up on the reading list - I actually own book 1 of the last two there so I'm pumped for your comments on those :D I have read Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers books, but her Women of the Otherworld series is a must-read too!!

    This was such a fun quiz to fill out and read everyone's answers! I'm glad you took a break from your break to fill it out ^^

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).