'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 31 July 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #36

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on.
House of Ivy and Sorrow - Natalie Whipple
House of Ivy & Sorrow
Josephine Hemlock has spent the last 10 years hiding from the Curse that killed her mother. But when a mysterious man arrives at her ivy-covered, magic-fortified home, it’s clear her mother’s killer has finally come to destroy the rest of the Hemlock bloodline. Before Jo can even think about fighting back, she must figure out who she’s fighting in the first place. The more truth Jo uncovers, the deeper she falls into witchcraft darker than she ever imagined. Trapped and running out of time, she begins to wonder if the very Curse that killed her mother is the only way to save everyone she loves.

This book sounds absolutely brilliant. I cannot wait to get my hands on it, it sounds exactly like my kind of book. Guaranteed to be brilliant! 

9 comments:

  1. This book really looks great, I love magic and witches and curses!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh nice! Love the cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting pick. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this sounds really good! And now I'm very intrigued to find out what's going to happen!
    Great pick :)
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking forward to this one too! Sounds so good, great pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds interesting. I think I need to check out a review or two before adding it to my TBR though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting! I love anything to do with curses and witchcraft so I'm sold. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore this book's look and I really want to get it as well. Awesome pick! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, this book sounds (and looks!) brilliant, can't wait to get my hands on it either! GREAT pick :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).