'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #33

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on.

Sea of Shadows - Kelley Armstrong
Sea of Shadows (Age of Legends, #1)
In the Forest of the Dead, where the empire’s worst criminals are exiled, twin sisters Moria and Ashyn are charged with a dangerous task. For they are the Keeper and the Seeker, and each year they must quiet the enraged souls of the damned.

Only this year, the souls will not be quieted.

Ambushed and separated by an ancient evil, the sisters’ journey to find each other sends them far from the only home they’ve ever known. Accompanied by a stubborn imperial guard and a dashing condemned thief, the girls cross a once-empty wasteland, now filled with reawakened monsters of legend, as they travel to warn the emperor. But a terrible secret awaits them at court—one that will alter the balance of their world forever.

5 comments:

  1. You got me sold when I saw Kelley Armstrong, she's an amazing author!

    My WoW @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing this a LOT lately!! Definitely can't wait for it either!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually had not heard of this one. Definitely sounds interesting!

    My WOW

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read any of Armstrong's work, but have heard great things. Sea of Shadows sounds intriguing so I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Kelley Armstrong and this sounds brilliant and knowing her work, I'm sure it will be! GREAT pick :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).