'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #27

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the wonderful blog; Broke and Bookish. This weeks is : Top Ten favourite beginnings/ endings of books. This one is really hard for me. I only really have one favourite beginning and one favourite ending to any book/ series, and that is:

“Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.”
- J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

“The scar had not pained Harry for nineteen years. All was well.”
- J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

13 comments:

  1. This is my favourite beginning and ending too, nothing can beat HP:)

    My Top Ten @ Eveline's Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I knew you'd pick Harry Potter :) I do agree, though, I loved both the beginning and the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pick! I included this one as well, so great! Love it so much.

    Happy reading!
    My TTT
    My DESIGNS blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very appropriate. I had to include the ending to the HP saga as well. How could you not, right??

    TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely choices, I picked the opening line as one of mine. If you're only going to pick one beginning and one ending, it might as well be these!

    Here's my list. I've gone mostly for opening lines.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite endings too! I love the beginning as well, but didn't put it on my list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you definitely can't go wrong with Harry Potter! I put the ending on my list too. :)

    Lisa
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah. This is my all-time favorite beginning and favorite ending too ♥ Well-chosen ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).