'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 28 July 2013

Showcase Sunday #46

It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicky over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I love this meme as it gives a chance for us to show and browse so many books!

Net Galley

Signed
I went to Kim Curran and Bryony Pearce's book launch Thursday at Forbidden Planet in London. It was absolutely amazing and I'm so happy for them. Having read and loved their books, it was brilliant to see such a wonderful turnout for the event. Read more about it here. It was lovely to chat with them and to also meet and chat with Amanda and Caroline from Angry Robot and Strange Chemistry. Amazing day!
Signed copy of The Weight of Souls and a cuuuuuute little ghost charm! Thanks Bryony :). 
A signed copy of Shift and Control by Kim Curran. So many kind words, thank you!

12 comments:

  1. So cool that you have signed books and swag and all, great! I love that ^^
    And yes, I will get to Maas, too! :) :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. These Broken Stars has a very pretty cover - I hope you enjoy your haul.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that you got to meet them and get some signed books and swag! :)
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've met Kim a few times, she's lovely! Wish I could have gone to the launch but still at that point in new job where I don't want to disappear off early (even though I'm pretty sure I can choose my own hours and that will mean more launches in future!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! Hope I manage to bump into you at a few :) as long as I can scrape a few pennies together haha.

      Delete
  5. I got these broken stars too! hope it's as good as that gorgeous cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These Broken Stars has such a pretty cover, I'll have to check it out! And I've wanted to go to Forbidden Planet in London for an absolute eternity!

    Happy reading :)

    Louise - Nerdette Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, signed books! Lucky! :D I've heard great things about These Broken Stars and The Weight of Souls. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ACK! I want These Broken Stars! I'll have to go put in for that! Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! More These Broken Stars!! I swear in the past two weeks, I think nearly every blog has gotten that one! I can't make up my mind on it personally. Hope you enjoy it! Going to have to read all these reviews once they start going up!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i LOVE larissa ione. i can't wait to read bound by night. and your book signing looks awesome. i haven't read those authors yet but i have definitely seen their books. awesome haul this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the signed goodness, that's always thrilling :D I got These Broken Stars at BEA and I'm seriously pumped to get into it...but I'll only have time closer to the release date! Hope we both enjoy that one & enjoy ALL your loot!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).