'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 7 July 2013

Showcase Sunday #43

It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicky over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I love this meme as it gives a chance for us to show and browse so many books! This week I have been on a book buying ban so no books bought :)

Books
Shift (Shift, #1)Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Net Galley

On the book buying front, I'm doing really well! On the requesting front? Not so much, there are just so many amazing books around right now! If only the dissertation was done...
What did you guys get this week?


6 comments:

  1. Ha, I know what you mean. I didn't buy many books in the past few months but requesting them is a totally different matter xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard amazing things about The Universe Versus Alex Woods so hope you enjoy it :)And good luck with the dissertation too!

    Happy Sunday,

    Megan xxx

    My Showcase Sunday if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice! These are new to me but they look like exciting reads! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get my hands on Shift since I got Control from Netgalley. Ooh, Day One & The Woken Gods both sound really good!
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interested in Delia's Shadow and The Republic of Thieves. great haul and happy reading!

    My Friends Are Fiction's SS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where'd You Go, Bernadette was a fun read. I'll be interested to read your thoughts on it! I haven't heard of any of your Netgalley picks - I'll have to look into them!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).