'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Monday, 1 July 2013

JUNE Blog Recap

June has been a pretty eventful month for me, both on the blog and in my life. Uncorked Thoughts has celebrated its FIRST birthday with still a few days left on the giveaway. There has been a guest post by the wonderful author of Sea Change, S. M. Wheeler and a chance for THREE US followers to win a copy of Sea Change. Alongside this, I have read and enjoyed a fair few books and sadly, officially moved out of my very last student house. It has been hard readjusting to life at home but the Masters hasn't finished yet! Just the Harry Potter dissertation and then I am free... to find a job. Haha.


REVIEWED IN JUNE

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)Playing TylerAcidGone GirlTigers in Red WeatherBefore I Go To SleepHarry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)Branded (Sinners, #1)Sea Change

Plan for July

  • Read the rest of the Harry Potter books for my dissertation.
  • Clean up some of the Net Galley to-read pile.
  • See my partner graduate :).
  • Attend an Angry Robot Books launch in London (EEEEK!)
  • Holiday in New Quay, Wales. 
How has June been for you guys? Do you have anything planned for July? 

4 comments:

  1. Great month! I hope I get my final results in soon and then only thesis left for me.
    Hopefully I can squeeze in some sea-side this year and finish my bookish project as well.
    Then probably onto masters as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great reading month! Have fun with reading HP:) Happy July.

    My wrap up
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/07/a-monthly-round-up-june.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that gif! Never, never gonna grow up..not me LOL

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).