'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 3 July 2013

June Author of the Month

I've decided to start doing a monthly post to celebrate a different author each month. It's going to be based on the books I've read that month so be prepared for a load of gushing!

J. K. Rowling
There is no way in hell that I could have picked any other author for this months post. Having re-read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets AND doing my MA dissertation on her most loved series there was no way that anyone else had a look in. My idol and the woman that gave me something to really look forward to in my childhood. The woman that made reading 'cool' again. The woman that created such a huge, ingenious phenomenon from her mind alone, she definitely deserves this post. She writes wonderfully and is so incredibly clever. I have always appreciated the Harry Potter books but now that I am reading them as an adult and post-degree I really truly appreciate exactly how incredibly intelligent and creative Ms. Rowling is. 
“Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.”
The best day of my life.  

4 comments:

  1. Awesome pick, hun! She's absolutely amazing, a genius. She's my favorite author of all times and will forever be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT THE !! You got a book signed by her?? I am soooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a monthly author spotlight's a great idea, and I'm hoping to reread the HP series :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, you've seen her in RL! I wish I was there, too, I'm a huge fan. Oh and I saw you haven't read The Casual Vacancy yet - I loved it, but it broke my heart, I cried a lot and I was in a daze for a few days.. J. K. Rowling is such a powerful writer, I'm actually a bit scared of her and her books :P Can't wait to see what she writes next!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).