'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 30 July 2013

July Author of the Month

I've decided to start doing a monthly post to celebrate a different author each month. It's going to be based on the books I've read that month so be prepared for a load of gushing!

Sarah J. Maas
Sarah J. Maas

Sarah J Maas is the wonderful author of Throne of Glass and the upcoming Crown of Midnight. I cannot think of anyone better to feature in this months author of the month post having just finished reading Crown of Midnight. HOLY HELL can this woman write! Such an amazing series so far and I am completely captivated by her writing. I will be seeing her at the Bath Children's Literary Festival in October and really cannot wait. Maas' writing is original and compelling; it has been a long time since I have read and fallen in love with a series like this. It's a breath of fresh air amongst the dystopian literature (even though I love them) floating around and I cannot get enough of it. Sarah is published by Bloomsbury and I really cannot wait for the third book in the Throne of Glass series!

My Reviews:

4 comments:

  1. I love Sarah J. Maas. I didn't expect to like Throne of Glass, but completely fell in love, and Crown of Midnight is so good as well.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw her at the DBF..she is funny..really sunshiney and bubbly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to starting her books now that I have both. I hope I will like them as much as other people did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea for a monthly feature! Throne of Glass is supposed to be my very next read and then I'll jump right in to Crown of Midnight :D I still can't believe I haven't read book 1 yet - I've heard SO many great things about it! Reading this kind of made me giddy XD

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).