'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 14 July 2013

J. K. Rowling and her new hidden book!

I woke up this morning to the most amazing and exciting news ever. News that everyone probably knows or is finding out about as I'm typing this. J. K. Rowling, the author of the incredible Harry Potter has written a crime novel under the pseudonym of Robert Galbraith! Sneaky bit of half blood princing there! I am absolutely shocked and am already on my way to order my copy. The woman is an absolute genius. Here is a bit about the book:

The Cuckoo's Calling
The Cuckoo's Calling
After losing his leg to a land mine in Afghanistan, Cormoran Strike is barely scraping by as a private investigator. Strike is down to one client, and creditors are calling. He has also just broken up with his long-time girlfriend and is living in his office.

Then John Landry walks through his door with an amazing story. His sister, the legendary supermodel Lula Landry, known to her friends as the Cuckoo, fell, famously, to her death a few months earlier. The police ruled it a suicide, but John refuses to believe that. The case plunges Strike into the world of multimillionaire beauties, rockstar boyfriends, desperate designers, and every variety of pleasure, enticement, seduction, and delusion known to man.

You may think you know detective novels, but you've never met one quite like Strike. You may think you know the world of the wealthy and famous, but you've never seen it investigated by a detective like this one.

Read one of the many articles here. 

So, over to you. What do you think of her newest book? What do you think of the pseudonym angle? I am so excited to read this!

6 comments:

  1. That is so funny, this is the first I have heard of this. I reviewed that book (3.5 stars) and was wondering why the review got 800 hits overnight. LOL :O

    BookishTrish @ Between the Lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha oh wow!! Youre one of the few that will have experienced the book without knowing about Rowling. Im quite jealous of that! :)

      Delete
  2. I was on a trip today so I saw this news only 10 min ago! OMG, I'm so excited!! I loved all her books, so I'm definitely reading this one, too. And the fact that she was hiding that fact until now.. well she's a genius.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great way to get some unbiased reviews too!

      Delete
  3. I'd scream about the news after someone tweeted me if I were not in a museum! :D I got the e-copy the moment I was able to get to a lap top. :D
    I see the paper books are all sold out already, reprint list is super long and a pre-order is avaliable. Fans gone wild :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't blame her for doing this with a pseudonym, especially how everyone went into Casual Vacancy expecting the next Potter...and then rating/reviewing it unfairly because it didn't meet their misinformed expectations. This was a way to avoid all that I think. Anyways it was BEYOND exciting news and I can't wait to get my hands on it!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).