'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Saturday, 6 July 2013

Harry Potter A-Z

A Saturday post I have been doing to spread the Harry Potter love and to take us all on a trip down memory lane :).

L is for Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin, the third year Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, werewolf and one of James Potter and Sirius Black's best friend. I adore Lupin, I really do. He is so loyal and kind and exactly how a teacher should have been during those times. He is such a wonderful character and I agree with so many people that James, Remus and Sirius should have a book of their own. My heart broke in The Deathly Hallows when we find out that Tonks and Lupin's bodies are also lying in the great hall. I love that Lupin attempts to repress what he is and doesn't allow himself to become a werewolf (only on full moon). Unlike Fenrir Greyback, he does not become a monster, he continues to fight what he is and fights for the return of good within the series as a member of the Order of the Phoenix.

Read more about Remus Lupin here. 

Previous A-Z posts:
A is for Animagus
B is for Boggart
C is for Crumple-Horned Snorkack
D is for Diagon Alley
E is for Epilogue
F is for Forbidden Forest
G is for Galleons
H is for Hogsmeade
I is for Inferius
J is for Lee Jordan
K is for Knight Bus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).