'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #30

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on. This weeks is a book that has already come out but I really want to get my hands on.

Emilie and the Hollow World - Martha Wells
Emilie and the Hollow World
While running away from home for reasons that are eminently defensible, Emilie’s plans to stow away on the steamship Merry Bell and reach her cousin in the big city go awry, landing her on the wrong ship and at the beginning of a fantastic adventure.

Taken under the protection of Lady Marlende, Emilie learns that the crew hopes to use the aether currents and an experimental engine, and with the assistance of Lord Engal, journey to the interior of the planet in search of Marlende’s missing father.

With the ship damaged on arrival, they attempt to traverse the strange lands on their quest. But when evidence points to sabotage and they encounter the treacherous Lord Ivers, along with the strange race of the sea-lands, Emilie has to make some challenging decisions and take daring action if they are ever to reach the surface world again.

6 comments:

  1. Seems like an interesting book! Hope you like it:)

    My WoW:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one's new to me! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick! I saw this book around a lot lately and I'm curious about it a lot.

    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good. I've seen the cover, but hadn't read the synopsis yet. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah, this one sounds a bit mind-boggling, but I always love those kinds of books. ;) Also, the cover is super intriguing- I'm wondering what those symbols mean? I'm totally going to have to add this one to my TBR!

    Awesome pick, Leah! <3

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome choice! This is the first that I've heard of this one so thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).