'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #29

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on.

Poison - Sarah Pinborough 
Poison
A beautiful, sexy, contemporary retelling of the classic Snow White fairy tale, illustrated by Les Edwards.

POISON is a beautifully illustrated retelling of the Snow White story which takes all the elements of the classic fairytale that we love (the handsome prince, the jealous queen, the beautiful girl and, of course, the poisoning) and puts a modern spin on the characters, their motives and their desires.

6 comments:

  1. This book came in the post this morning and it is beautiful! One of the prettiest books that I own by far. Sounds great too and quite short so I might try and get through it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pick! I saw it on a few blogs recently and I'd love to get a copy as well. Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOooh nice! And it's illustrated?! I sooo want to read this!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, I've been really into retellings of fairytales recently.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh I am quite curious! I love fairy-tale retellings! I hope a better blurb comes out for this soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).