'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 16 June 2013

Showcase Sunday #40

It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicky over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I love this meme as it gives a chance for us to show and browse so many books!

Books
Dark Places Sharp Objects Glow Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
I finally managed to get round to buying physical copies of Catching Fire and Mockingjay. I initially read them on Kindle but am so glad to have 'real' copies!

Net Galley

Kindle
Stitch (Stitch Trilogy #1)

10 comments:

  1. I've heard really good things about Glow! I've had it sitting on my bookcase for ages and just haven't read it.
    I really love the sound of Sophie McKenzie's new book. I used to love her books.
    I hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read both those Strange Chemistry books but have promised myself not to request any more til I'm a bit more caught up! Hopefully they'll still be there when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Catching Fire and Mockingjay--I hope you enjoy them. I keep seeing Weight of Souls and am very curious to see what others think of it. Glow looks interesting too.

    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh very nice haul! Haven't read any of these but hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really jealous of Close My Eyes! I love Sophie McKenzie's books. The Hunger Games are amazing, and Glow looks great too. Happy reading!

    My SS: http://www.bookhi.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/im-back-showcase-sunday-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! After reading, and loving, Gone Girl I've been meaning to read the two Gillian Flynn books you got. I also downloaded Stitch and am looking forward to reading it.

    Here's my Sunday Post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/06/sundays-weekly-book-recap-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome haul, and yay for THG! I got HB copies the moment I read e-books and just HAD to have them. :D
    Stitch looks awesome, cannot wait to start it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I see Glow! I've been wanting to read that one. :) I hope you enjoy your books.

    My SS: http://skizzles22hu.blogspot.com/2013/06/showcase-sunday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought a copy of Glow last year though I still haven't read it! I love the cover of your copy though. :b

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look super, I have a copy of Glow but still haven't gotten to it! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).