'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 2 June 2013

Showcase Sunday #38

It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicky over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I love this meme as it gives a chance for us to show and browse so many books!

Books
Sixty-One Nails
I got excited at the amount of Angry Robot books that were in my local Waterstones and had to buy something! This book sounds so gooooood.

Net Galley
I really enjoyed Malorie Blackman's books when I was younger so looking forward to seeing what her latest book is like.

Kindle
Beta (Annex, #1)
I received this book from the lovely Ula. It sounds really good and will be my first experience of reading this authors work. Really looking forward to it.

ARC's
Playing Tyler
A massive thank you to Strange Chemistry and Exhibit A for these two wonderful books. I have already read Playing Tyler and am going to be writing the review up soon! A really good read.

6 comments:

  1. Sixty-One Nails has the best cover, wow! I would love to read that one. Great haul, hun!

    My haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Sixty-One Nails has an awesome cover! Also, Beta is supposed to be great, some of my friends have read it and really enjoyed it. Hope you will too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really looking forwards to reading Noble Conflict :)

    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Playing Tyler sounds really good, looking forward to hearing what you think of it :)

    Happy Sunday,

    Megan xxx

    My Showcase Sunday if you'd like a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noble Conflict is really good! I agree that the cover for Sixty One Nails is awesome!
    I've heard a lot of great things about Beta too!
    Great haul, enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).