'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Saturday, 8 June 2013

Harry Potter A-Z

A Saturday post I have been doing to spread the Harry Potter love and to take us all on a trip down memory lane :).

H is for Hogsmeade 

“They make a fuss about Hogsmeade, but I assure you, Harry, it's not all it's cracked up to be. All right, the sweetshop's rather good, and Zonko's Joke Shop's frankly dangerous, and yes, the Shrieking Shack is always worth a visit, but really, Harry, apart from that, you're not missing anything.

'Hogsmeade Village, or simply called Hogsmeade is the only all-wizarding village in Britain. It was founded by Hengist of Woodcroft. Students may sometimes come on weekend trips, but only third year students and above with guardian permission are allowed to visit. Mainly, students frequent the High Street in the village which contains the named specialty shops and pubs such as Zonko's Joke Shop and Honeydukes. Otherwise, they wander on to observe the infamous Shrieking Shack.

Hogsmeade is a picturesque little village of thatched cottages and shops, with enchanted candles hanging in the trees during the holidays. It is also near the location of the train station used by theHogwarts Express.'
- Harry Potter Wikia

Hogsmeade is a place I would absolutely adore to visit. The Butterbeer at the London Studio Tour just did not live up to my expectations haha! It needs to be lovely, warm and preferable poured by  Madam Rosmerta. So many wonderful memories from this cute little village; from Harry sneaking out there to the pranks pulled on Draco by our favourite trio, I just can't get enough of this little village. 


Previous A-Z posts:
A is for Animagus
B is for Boggart
D is for Diagon Alley
E is for Epilogue
F is for Forbidden Forest
G is for Galleons

2 comments:

  1. HOGSMEADE! I love that place so much! Whyyyyyy is it not all real? Aw lawd!
    I'd be there all the time. I'd sneak out there, visit in the summer. I'd live between Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade. And stalking the Weasleys. Naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the students should get to go to Hogsmeade more often. I would also like to know more about the village. It sounds like there are more homes in Hogsmeade then we think. I just want to know more!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).