'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 23 June 2013

Harry Potter A-Z

A Saturday post I have been doing to spread the Harry Potter love and to take us all on a trip down memory lane :).

J is for Lee Jordan
There wasn't a whole lot of choice for J in the world of Harry Potter, so I decided to go for Lee Jordan.
“Lee Jordan was finding it difficult not to take sides.
'So - after that obvious and disgusting bit of cheating -'
'Jordan!' growled Professor McGonagall.
'I mean after that open and revolting foul -'
'Jordan, I'm warning you -'
'All right, all right. Flint nearly kills the Gryffindor Seeker, which could happen to anyone, I'm sure, so a penalty to Gryffindor, taken by Spinnet, who puts it away, no trouble, and we continue play, Gryffindor still in possession.” 
A Gryffindor and one of the trio which makes up Lee, Fred and George Weasley. Quick-witted and always in trouble, he is a very funny character within the series, and I especially loved his Quidditch commentary. A little biography of Lee by Harry Potter Wikia:
Lee Jordan was a wizard, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jordan, and a Gryffindor student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1989 to 1996 (A couple of years before Harry). During his years at Hogwarts, he became best friends with Fred and George Weasley and liked doing pranks with them. He often helped them work on their inventions and tricks, some of which were eventually sold at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes. Lee also served as a Quidditch commentator during his Hogwarts years and was a member of Dumbledore's Army, an organisation founded and led by Harry Potter. After Hogwarts, he hosted a radio show, Potterwatch, in order to inform and encourage the wizarding world, advising how they could all be protected from Lord Voldemort. In 1998, he fought in the Battle of Hogwarts and was devastated by the loss of Fred. He survived the war, though his later life is unknown.
Read more here.

Previous A-Z posts:
A is for Animagus
B is for Boggart
D is for Diagon Alley
E is for Epilogue
F is for Forbidden Forest
G is for Galleons
H is for Hogsmeade
I is for Inferius 

6 comments:

  1. Love Lee Jordan! I'm re-reading the first book now and I find myself laughing out loud at his commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This meme is such an awesome idea! I LOVE Harry Potter! Lee Jordan is awesome :) Your posts have inspired me to re-read the books and enjoy his hilarious commentary again. Thanks for sharing :)

    Zoe @ Bookhi
    www.bookhi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did miss when Lee Jordan left and wasn't commenting on Quidditch matches any more, but Luna's commentary was also hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, what a cute post idea =)

    I love that the guy who plays Lee Jordan is also in Community!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lee was awesome, his commentating made me laugh so much :D He was one of the coolest characters ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that picture!! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).