'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #25

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on.

After Eden - Helen Douglas

When mysterious new boy Ryan Westland shows up at her school Eden Anfield is intrigued. On the face of it, he's a typical American teenager. So how come he doesn't recognise pizza and hasn't heard of Hitler? What puzzles Eden most, however, is the interest he's taking in her.

As Eden falls in love with Ryan, she stumbles across a book in Ryan's bedroom - a biography of her best friend - written fifty years in the future. Unravelling Ryan's secret, she discovers he has one unbelievably important purpose ... and she might just have destroyed his only chance of success.

I first saw this on Becca's blog (Lost in Thought) and just haven't stopped thinking about it since! It sounds like a truly wonderful read and I can't wait to get my hands on it. 

9 comments:

  1. I love this cover, I've seen the book around a lot lately and it sounds great. Hope you get it soon hon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh that looks interesting! Love the colors of the cover!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm....I'm torn on this one. Sounds mysterious though.

    My WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great! I love time travel novels. Not sure if you're into Anime, but the blurb put me in mind of a cute cartoon called The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
    the protagonist isn't particular fab...she's a bit of a pain in the butt actually, but it's still such a cute movie & simple, yet cool concept.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! This was also my WoW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great! I love time travel novels. Not sure if you're into Anime, but the blurb put me in mind of a cute cartoon called
    the protagonist isn't particular fab...she's a bit of a pain in the butt actually, but it's still such a cute movie & simple, yet cool concept.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).