'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #18

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the wonderful blog; Broke and Bookish. This weeks is a free week, so I have choosen: Top Ten books I wish I'd read during my childhood:

Northern Lights (His Dark Materials, #1)The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials, #2)The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, #3) 
His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. 

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Trilogy of Four (Hitchhiker's Guide, #1-4)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Trilogy of Four - Douglas Adams

Eragon (Inheritance, #1)Eldest (Inheritance, #2)Brisingr  (The Inheritance Cycle, #3)Inheritance (The Inheritance Cycle, #4)
The Inheritance Cycle - Christopher Paolini 

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Roald Dahl

The Secret Garden
The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett

The Chronicles of Narnia (Chronicles of Narnia #1-7)
The Chronicles of Narnia - C. S. Lewis

Little Women (Little Women #1)
Little Women - Louisa May Alcott

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
Percy Jackson and the Olympians - Rick Riordan 

Peter Pan
Peter Pan - J. M. Barrie

The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3)
Lord of the Rings - J. R. R. Tolkien 

6 comments:

  1. Great list! I read His Dark Materials as a kid and we had to read Hitchhiker's Guide in 5th grade I think and I really liked it. I still haven't read LotR and Narnia was last year so I am a little behind as well.
    I read Dahl's Matilda and loved it so I look forward to his other books as well.
    I started Eragon years ago but am rereading it now, and I just started Percy Jackson.
    SO many great pick! :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great topic and choices. I think something is lost on us with some books when we're older.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT. :)

    Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really wish I had an opportunity to read the Percy Jackson books when I was younger also! Great topic choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Women!! Gotta love Jo :D I still stop reading every time she says no to Teddy. Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! My teenage son has read quite a few of these :)

    Toni @ My Book Addiction -- I didn't link directly to my TTT post (my very first one!) because I'm tired and lazy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't read LOTR until I was an adult either, but that didn't spoil the magic. I got lost in the stories and chain-read them, losing all kinds of sleep and hardly thinking about anything else till long after I finished them. Then when the movies came out it happened all over again with them. I don't think a better story has ever been written. This was a great idea for a top ten topic.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).