'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Three Wishes: Emma Newman's Celebration

Any Other Name (The Split Worlds #2)Between Two Thorns (The Split Worlds #1)"These three wishes are part of a wish-making community organised by author Emma Newman to celebrate the release of the second Split Worlds novel "Any Other Name". Can you make any of them come true? Come and see what other people are wishing for and find out how to join in at www.splitworlds.com/split-worlds-extra/three-wishes – who knows, perhaps someone could make one of your wishes come true."


This is incredibly hard. Being just over a third of the way into the first book (and loving it by the way) it's emphasised heavily on the importance of the wishes. Naturally, I've taken this to heart haha and am tryyyying to come up with the best three that I can think of. I don't think they're going to be ones that can be granted easily haha but I love the idea of this post so :).

My 3 wishes:
1. To make it in publishing, this is the only career I have ever wanted and I am determined to make this happen!
2. To meet J. K. Rowling again and perhaps manage to talk to her this time - totally freaked out the last time. (Definitely posting my MA dissertation to her).
3. To continue to conquer my anxiety and panic attacks. I can do it! :)

8 comments:

  1. Awwww I wish all of these come true for you hon! Lucky you for meeting JKR once already!
    As for attacks, we can kick their ass! \o/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you positive wishes-come-true thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leah, Thanks for making the wishes! I can't help with the first two, but am hoping to with the third. You see, I suffer from an anxiety disorder and it's something I blog about as I think people need to talk about this stuff more than they do. The latest one is here: http://www.enewman.co.uk/real-world-adventures/anxiety-and-the-radio and if you search the blog for "anxiety" you'll find many more. I'm also hoping to show that it is possible to achieve our goals *despite* the anxiety. You *can* do it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Emma :). I will definitely be checking out your site. It's amazing to discover many people with it and that we're none the wiser about any of them! xx

      Delete
  4. Great wishes! After high school I had a year of suffering from anxiety attacks, I would feel so overwhelmed. It's taboo to tak about prayer and mantras sometimes, but what ended up working for me as a very short prayer, and when I think about it I believe it boils down to saying. "Relax, let go, not everything is in your control, but that doesn't mean it's out of control." I started to see not having control or knowledge about outcomes before hand as something liberating...also, if something turned out as badly as I might fear, so what, will the Earth end? if yes, that's anyway the end of my anxiety, lol, if no: breath.
    It's different for everyone, but this worked for me. My friends always say "how can you be so calm" which makes me smile now.
    Will go check out Emma's posts. I signed up to her Split World's posts ages ago, and have saved them up. Hoping to get to them soon - sounds fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks :). Yeah I've had them for coming up to three years now. I totally get what you mean with mantras though. I used to do that when they were at their worst. Psyching yourself up can help too.

      I hope you join us with the wishes! :) x

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).