'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Saturday, 4 May 2013

Harry Potter A-Z: C is for Crumple-Horned Snorkack

Hey guys, I've just been thinking that I generally don't have a whole lot to post on a Saturday so decided that I'm going to do an A-Z of the world of Harry Potter for 26 Saturdays :). A way to explore the world once again and to fill in some information on bits. Granted the majority of us will already know these things so I'll try and get some obscure ones in here too :). Feel free to share yours in comments, posts and such as well - that's totally cool with me!

C is for Crumple-Horned Snorkack


“You can laugh! But people used to believe there were no such things as the Blibbering Humdinger or the Crumple-Horned Snorkack!”
'The Crumple-Horned Snorkack is an elusive magical creature believed to live in Sweden. However, it was never found (even by Luna Lovegood, a wizarding naturalist who searched the globe for impossible creatures for years) and is very likely a delusion of Xenophilius Lovegood. Outside of the Lovegood family, Colin Creevey also seemed to believe in the existence of the creature, once expressing an interest in being hired by The Quibbler to try and photograph one.' [Original source here].

I felt it best to copy and paste this bit because there isn't a whole lot on these creatures. Whether they're real or not, we'll never know! I love everything to do with Luna Lovegood so I figured why not make C about her as well :). How adorable is that gif as well?! I just wish I could get my hands on a hat like that.

3 comments:

  1. Luna is deliciously wacky and I love her for that. I'd love some of their floating (dirigible?) plums :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).