'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 31 May 2013

Author of the Month

I've decided to start doing a monthly post to celebrate a different author each month. It's going to be based on the books I've read that month so be prepared for a load of gushing!

May's Author of the Month:

Emma Newman
Emma Newman

Emma is an author of Young Adult, Science Fiction, Fantasy and short stories author; a woman that I think is incredibly talented. This month I read both of her latest books, Between  Two Thorns and Any Other Name. I absolutely adored them. They are wonderful captivating books and I really cannot wait to read the next one. The two books are published by Angry Robot Books - a publishing company of which I have yet to find a book that I have disliked! Emma writes short stories which fans can receive via emails and also makes them in audio if people prefer! She also had the Three Wishes idea on her blog in which fans submit three wishes and other bloggers/ fans try and make some wishes true! Emma helped me with one of mine and I am so very grateful. Check out her Three Wishes project here. A successful and talented author, I cannot wait to see what else she is going to come up with :). 

Emma's works:
20 Years Later
From Dark Places


3 comments:

  1. I am so reading her books. I never heard for her before like a few months ago and I really hope I love the books as well. They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool post! Lol, if I did one I'd certainly gush a lot! I've not read Emma Newman's books before, but I'm now checking her books out on Goodreads :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just about to start The Split Worlds series, got Between Two Thorns on Audio :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).