'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #21

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on.

The Pirate's Wish - Cassandra Rose Clarke
The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse, #2)

After setting out to break the curse that binds them together, the pirate Ananna and the assassin Naji find themselves stranded on an enchanted island in the north with nothing but a sword, their wits, and the secret to breaking the curse: complete three impossible tasks. With the help of their friend Marjani and a rather unusual ally, Ananna and Naji make their way south again, seeking what seems to be beyond their reach.

Unfortunately, Naji has enemies from the shadowy world known as the Mists, and Ananna must still face the repercussions of going up against the Pirate Confederation. Together, Naji and Ananna must break the curse, escape their enemies — and come to terms with their growing romantic attraction.

I have the copy to-read on my Kindle right now (thanks, Net Galley!)but still cannot wait for the paperback to come out!

9 comments:

  1. Great pick, love the cover! I need to get my hands on the book as well. :)

    Hope you get it soon!
    My WW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I'm gonna start this series too. BTW- blog header? Completely made of awesome. Just caught my eye instantly. *LURVES pink on grey!*
    my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't hear of this at all. It looks interesting. Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice! Don't think I've heard of this series!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally dig your site! I'm not sure this book is up my alley, but I hope you enjoy it!

    Toni @ My Book Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah!!! I also have this one from NetGalley and I am so STOKED to find out what's going to happen next in the story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic pick for this week! :)

    New follower via bloglovin! Here is my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT choice, I haven't read the first one yet myself but I really want to :)

    Thanks for sharing & for stopping by ♥
    Old follower.
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).