'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #14

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the wonderful blog; Broke and Bookish. This weeks is Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Buy/Pick Up A Book. I'm finding this one quite difficult! So, in no particular order:


  • Quotes from other authors I've read/loved.
  • Android
  • Epic
  • Fantasy
  • Otherworldly 
  • Fast-paced
  • Apocalyptic
What about you guys?

8 comments:

  1. Yes quotes from authors I love are definitely important when I'm picking books, especially if I'm on the fence about a book. Interesting lit of words/topics, though Android isn't really my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epic fantasy is for me! I'd like to get into reading more android books actually. Sounds like your list will lend you some thrilling rides!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must admit I do get sucked in by testimonials from authors on book jackets. I figure if an author I love is vouching for a book, then I'll certainly love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome picks, same for me! Apocalypse, robots, fantasy, yes yey yes! :D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer fast paced books too. if they're too slow, it takes me sooooo long to read it and I hate that! Great list :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with fast-paced. I also enjoy reading post-apocalyptic books, even though they kind of scare the crap out of me XD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit quotes from authors I like usually help sway me to read a book. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Epic, otherwordly. Usually those words describe dystopia. And since dystopia = <3 <3. I'm basically sold :D

    ~Ana @ Characterized Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).