'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #13


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the wonderful blog; Broke and Bookish. This weeks Top Ten is the Top Ten Books I Thought I'd Like MORE/LESS Than I Did. In no particular order: 


Dinner With a Vampire (The Dark Heroine, #1)Books I enjoyed more than expected:
The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater 
Dinner with a Vampire - Abigail Gibbs
Delirium series - Lauren Oliver
A Game of Thrones - George R. R. Martin
Scent of Magic - Maria V. Snyder

I loved these books. It's always made all the more better when you totally don't expect to enjoy them! I highly recommend them all.

Books I enjoyed less than expected:
Divergent - Veronica Ross 
The Scorpio Races - Maggie Steifvater
Ink - Amanda Sun
Touch of Power - Maria V. Snyder
Pantomime - Laura Lam 

The only book in the above 'Less' category which is less than a 4* is Ink. I was so disappointed with that book. The reason for the rest are that I thought they would basically be an instant 5* but they weren't. 

13 comments:

  1. Wow, I think you're one of the few people I've seen who didn't like Divergent as much as they thought they would. Too much hype?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started Pantomime, hopefully its not too disappointing. As for Ink, I keep hearing that it is a bit of a let down. Steifvater is one of my favorite authors, I loved The Raven Boys!

    Our TTT

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I would like The Scorpio races either. I still have yet to read the Raven Boys, my blogmate has though :)!
    New follower on GFC/Bloglovin!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens
    Vixen's Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you switch the more/less topics? :D
    And you didn't like ASoIaF as much as you thought you would? It was a bit different for me though I had no opinion about them really. I was pleasantly surprised. :D

    *sorry for the delete :P*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog. =)

    Good lists, still have to read some of those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy The Raven Boys! But it's definitely a book that isn't for everyone. I haven't read The Scorpio Races or Divergent, but I definitely want to check out The Scorpio Races.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog!
    Savindi @ The Streetlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read most of these. The only one I've read is Divergent, actually! :p

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only actually read Delirium from your list, only the first in the series to be exact, and it also happened to make my list as a book I liked more than I expected too.
    There are a couple of others that I've toyed with reading, and they happen to be books you enjoyed more than you thought you would.. So that's a good thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry you didn't like Divergent as much as you thought you would. At some point I should read Game of Thrones, I just don't know when that will happen. Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Delirium so much! I enjoyed The Raven Boys but it didn't blow me away whereas Divergent did blow me away ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Divergent, but I can understand it not meeting expectations. I still need to read the Delirium series so I hope I enjoy it as much as you did. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I passed an opportunity to accept Dinner with a Vampire arc, because it was long and sounded like same-old same-old. I'm now regretting that decision. :/
    I keep reading bad reviews about Ink and comparisons to Twilight. I was so excited about that book but now I dread reading it....
    Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).