'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #11

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the wonderful blog; Broke and Bookish. This weeks Top Ten is books we've read before becoming a blogger. In no particular order:

1. Harry Potter series - J. K. Rowling
2. Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
3. Women of the Otherworld series - Kelley Armstrong
4. The Handmaid's Tale - Margaret Atwood
5. The Blackdagger Brotherhood series - J. R. Ward 
6. The Babysitters Club series - Ann. M. Martin 
7. 1984 - George Orwell
8. My Lover's Lover - Maggie O'Farrell
9. Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
10. Noughts and Crosses series - Malorie Blackman

Mentions:
Twilight series - Stephenie Meyer
The Host - Stephenie Meyer
Taming of the Shrew - William Shakespeare
Rebecca - Daphne du Maurier
The Little Stranger - Sarah Waters

13 comments:

  1. Nice list! =)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I barely know these books! :D Heard a lot of good about Noughts and Crosses but haven't read them yet. I have a lot of reading to do still. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great List! Harry Potter is always a good choice :-) I used to love the Babysitters Club too! Tanks for stopping by my TTT.

    Chelsea @ Starbucks & Books Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, what a great list and I've read so many of them too! I have got to re-read HP again soon. It's been a while. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the second list today that has featured the Noughts and Crosses series that I loved so much many moons ago. I completely forgot about it though when making my list for two reasons.. 1. I can no longer find my books of the series (this is heart breaking). 2. This made me completely forget about them beause I looked through my books to help me with this week's post.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noughts and Crosses! I always forget about that series! It's been so long since I've read it! And yay for HP!
    I definitely need to check out a couple of the books on your list :)
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great List! I liked The Handmaid's Tale, too. And of course Harry Potter. I read a bunch of the Babysitter's Club as a kid, too.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I have some reading to do. The only one on your list that I've read is Harry Potter although I have heard some really good things about the Blackdagger Brotherhood books. Thanks for visiting my TTT.

    LisaILJ @ I’ll Tumble for YA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice! Harry Potter made my list too (as well as a lot of others!) And I remember reading Memoirs a long time ago and I really liked it.

    My TTT

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  10. Harry Potter is definitely on my list too! And John Steinbeck! Nice. I'm reading East of Eden right now, and I love it.

    Halee @ Confessions of a Book Addict

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot about the BSC series...one of my favorites growing up. Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Handmaid's Tale and 1984...classic dystopians done right. Not a huge Steinbeck fan personally, but I also loved HP and Memoirs of a Geisha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The only ones I read from your list are HP, Twilight, and Of Mice and Men (YEARS ago)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).