'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 14 April 2013

Showcase Sunday #31

It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicki over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I love this meme as it gives a chance for us to show and browse so many books!


Books
  
Bitterblue - Kristin Cashore
Requiem (read and reviewed) - Lauren Oliver
The Gathering (Shadow & Bone) - Leigh Bardugo

Net Galley
 
How Beauty Loved the Beast - Jax Garren
Scrap - Emory Sharplin

Kindle Amazon Freebies
Dying To Forget (The Station #1) The Death Series: Volume One (Death, #1-3)) The Iron Butterfly (Iron Butterfly, #1) Golden Blood (Time Spirit Trilogy, #1) The Mind Readers (The Mind Readers, #1) Starfire Angels (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #1)

Received (thanks Ula!)
The Mist on Bronte Moor The Infernal Devices: Clockwork Angel; Clockwork Prince; Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices, #1-3) vN (The Machine Dynasty, #1) Wool Omnibus (Wool, #1-5)
The Mist on Bronte Moor - Aviva Orr
The Infernal Devices - Cassandra Clare
vN - Madeline Ashby
Wool Omnibus - Hugh Howey

Another massive haul! Love book swaps! :D What did you guys get this week?

10 comments:

  1. OOh very nice! All these are new to me! Although I did try to read the first book in the Infernal Devices years ago and just couldn't get into it. Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh The Infernal Devices is amazing! I also MUST read Shadow & Bone. I've been eying it for ages... :D Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover for Scrap, and its new to me. Hope you enjoy.
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing haul! :D It's so weird that Brit version of Shadow and Bone looks like that. Hope you enjoy it! :D
    I totally forgot to post about Wool, how stupid of me. XD Oh well, next week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin Cashore! Everyone loves her writing. I have Graceling waiting to be read. Hopefully I can get to that soon. And I also want to read Shadow and Bone. Nice haul!

    My STS

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay Requiem! LOVE Lauren's books - they're all so good.
    Great haul :)

    Dani x
    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I've managed to collect all of the Infernal Devices series now and really looking forward to them! I really need to start the Delirium trilogy and I'm dying to buy the hardback copy of Graceling, Fire and Bitterblue as they are beautiful! :)

    Becca xxx
    http://lostinthought-becca.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/showcase-sunday-36.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get to reading Delirium after your exams, mrs!! :D It's awesome. Hope your dissertation is going well too. xxx

      Delete
  8. So many great picks, what a good week for freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love those kristin cashore covers! and yay for freebies. enjoy! check out our StS at Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks. happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).