'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 18 April 2013

Harry Potter MOTW #9


This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP for us to focus on each week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! All I ask is to link back here, to my blog :). There is now a full list of the topics to come here.

This weeks topic is:

                               Favourite Food in HP Books

There are so many choices for this one. I mean, I'm pretty sure each and every one of us has at least once wanted to attend the great feats held in the Great Hall. I think my favourite food would probably be Fred & George's wonderful products created as part of Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes! My favourite though is the Skiving Snackboxes! How amazing are they? One end to get you out of class, the other to make you feel all peachy in no time. Absolutely brilliant invention - if only it was real. Haha.
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes 01

Definition taken from Harry Potter Wikia:

A Skiving Snackbox is a range of sweets to make the user ill. The user develops strange symptoms depending on the type of snack eaten. The purpose of these was to make a student appear unable to stay in class. Most came in two colour-coded parts: one that would cause the malady, and one that would heal the pupil once they had left class. They include: Fainting Fancies, Fever Fudge, Nosebleed Nougat, and Puking Pastilles.



5 comments:

  1. Haha it would be pandemonium if these were real! Me, I would really love to taste butterbeer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice! :) I would try all of their products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick. I had such trouble choosing!!! I WANT IT ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the food!! We made some food out of the cookbook once and it was a disaster! Check it out here: http://angelasanxiouslife.blogspot.com/2013/01/harry-potter-and-goblet-of-fire-by-jk.html

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great pick. I love that scene in the film depicted by your gif.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).