'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 5 April 2013

Feature & Follow #23


So here's Fridays meme: Feature and Follow hosted over at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The aim of the blog is to gain new followers! :)

How to participate:
Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

What sets this Hop apart from others, is the Feature. Each week they will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow the Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy.

Featured Blogs: Book Cupid & Bookworm in Love



Q: Have you ever read a book that you thought you would hate -- ? Did you end up hating it? Did you end up loving it? Or would you never do that?
The first one was Harry Potter. As you can see just by looking around my blog that has drastically changed. The first time I read the series was Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Welsh. I read the first page and didn't like it. At that age I wasn't willing to give it a chance again but when I did WOW, so addicted and still am. 
Another one was all of the Sarah Waters books. As a fantasy/ sci-fi/ dystopia lover I wasn't expecting to enjoy any of her books. Again, proven wrong and absolutely loved all of them that I have read so far!



13 comments:

  1. Harry Potter seems to be a popular answer today. I was already into fantasy prior to reading so for me it just strengthened my love. <3 Old BlogLovin follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just visited a couple other blogs and almost all of them chose Harry Potter! Wow, but they are amazing! New follower, my blog is #27, check out my FF :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following Imagine a World!
    New follower via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Harry Potter. I love that series. Thanks for stopping by my FF. old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I remember thinking that about Harry Potter too! I think I was in like 6th grade and I didn't really care to read a "boy" book. But then our teacher started reading it to use in class, a few chapters every day and I became intrigued! I ended up getting the book for Christmas--at least that's how I think I remember it! Read it. Loved it. Had to get the other books asap!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great answer, love ur blog..glad i found it on FF
    new GFC follower
    Danielle @ Coffee and Characters
    www.daniellecromero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Now following back via GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Harry Potter too (it's hard not to, right?)!

    Thanks for stopping by and for the follow, I'm following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had experienced Harry Potter the first time by seeing the first few films, and I wasn't into them :O I'd gotten really into the Lord of the Rings movies and just hadn't been able to get into Potter that much. When I tried again, I went with the books and it was like you said: WOW. The addiction hit and it's still going :)

    Awesome answer, thanks for stopping by earlier this week ♥ Old follower via GFC & Bloglovin'
    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaah, the VW Bus is awesome! So love your blog. I haven't read any of Sarah Waters but I will look her up.

    Following back by bloglovin ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had similar experience with the Harry Potter films. I watched the first two when I was a kid, but was afraid I'm not going to enjoy the rest. I was thankfully wrong. By the way, your blog design is awesome (I love pink and black)

    Here's my FF: http://ireadandtell.blogspot.com/2013/04/feature-and-follow-1.html

    New follower via Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).