'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #9


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at the wonderful blog; Broke and Bookish. This weeks Top Ten is books that we would recommend to others! This can be quite risky but if I convince anyone to pick up any of these books then that's awesome :). The top ten are in no particular order:


1. The Holders - Julianna Scott: I received this book to review and absolutely adored it. If you like paranormal books with a hint of romance then this is certainly a book for you. 

2. Throne of Glass - Sarah J. Maas: A kick ass heroine, top notch assassin, plenty of brawling and a hint of romance. If you like any of these things situated within a fantasy backdrop then this is for you!

3. The Raven Boys - Maggie Stiefvater: Words cannot describe how much I loved this book. It deals with psychics and leylines, something I had never encountered before!

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)4. Delirium/ Pandemonium - Lauren Oliver: The only reason Requiem isn't in this is because I've yet to read it. I put this series off for such a long time as the whole love concept really didn't interest me, but wow do I regret it. It's an incredible series and highly recommended.


5. Cinder/ Scarlet - Marissa Meyer: If you've yet to read these books, I am so very disappointed! Haha. They are absolutely mind blowing. It's my first go with cyborgs and absolutely love it. It's a science-fiction take on Cinderella and Red Riding Hood. Please, just read them.

6. The Mad Scientist's Daughter - Cassandra Rose Clarke: AMAZING! I received this for review from Angry Robot and WOW. Absolutely loved it. It follows the story of a young woman and the first human-like robot. It's such a moving book.

7. The Blackdagger Brotherhood series - J. R. Ward: Just love these. So much. The entire series is fantastic. It's a brand new twist on the vampire tale with these as vampire assassins which hunt down their enemy, The Lessers. I cannot recommend these enough, I really can't. 

The Mad Scientist's Daughter8. The Declaration trilogy - Gemma Malley: These are dystopian YA books. They focus on the adventure of the two protagonists in their resistance against a government which is preventing reproduction. Humans can no longer die thanks to a miracle pill. These books are intense and I'm disappointed that they can't continue.

9. Mila 2.0 - Debra Driza: Another science fiction book which follows the life of a young woman whom has only just discovered that she is a cyborg. It's again another very touching and action packed story!

10. Harry Potter - J. K. Rowling: Need I even explain this one? I'm hoping the majority of you have read these or we may need to rethink our friendship :P haha kidding. These are actually one of the loves of my life!

What's your top ten recommended books? :).

Many of these books have reviews under my review section if you're interested in a read! 

9 comments:

  1. All on my read or to-read list ^^ Great list, I'm looking forward to many of these. I'm just reading Delirium and it's pretty good! :)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous list - I am definitely going to have to check out 'The Mad Scientist's Daughter.' That cover is swoon-worthy and the plot sounds really intriguing.

    Happy Reading!
    Crys
    Book 'Em's Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning ot get to Marissa Meyer's Cinder for a while, and I hear everything by Cassandra Rose Clarke is as you say - Amazing! Angry Robot is putting out some stellar stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good! I'm planning to read almost all of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, Maggie Stiefvater! The Raven Boys, as well as The Scorpio Races, have been recommended to me, and I really must get on that -- I think they both sound like great books, and I hear an awful lot of positive comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved books 3, 4 and 5. I'll have to check out the others from your list.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cinder is on my list too! I was pleasantly surprised by how much I loved The Raven Boys. I think I need to check out #6 and #9. Thanks for the recommendations. Here are mine http://wp.me/pzUn5-1sn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cinder and Scarlet were great! They didn't make my list, but considering I had 16 on my list as it was, I had to stop somewhere.

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to starting Cinder and Mila! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).