'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Sunday, 3 March 2013

Showcase Sunday #25

It's Sunday again so we all know that it's time for Showcase Sunday. It's a lovely weekly meme hosted by Vicki over at Books, Biscuits and Tea, and it allows us to show off all the lovely buys this week. I love this meme as it gives a chance for us to show and browse so many books! The plan was to not buy any books this week... but that completely failed.




                                                   Books

 
Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick
Evercrossed - Elizabeth Chandler
Raising Demons - Rachel Hawkins
The Replacement - Brenna Yovanoff
The Killables - Gemma Malley
Spy Glass - Maria V. Snyder

The first four are a box set which cost £5.99 from The Works in Cardiff, although I didn't pay a penny thanks to my lovely boyfriend giving me a gift card :). The second were absolute bargains in WH Smith's - good ole clearance section!

Net Galley
The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2) Zenn Scarlett 25 Perfect Days
The Eternity Cure - Julie Kagawa
Zenn Scarlett - Christian Schoon
25 Perfect Days - Mark Tullius

I'm so very excited to have these three books! Can't wait to sink my teeth into them. I've fallen in love with Strange Chemistry's books so Zenn Scarlett will be awesome, and I really enjoyed The Immortal Rules by Kagawa so yayy!

Kindle
Forest of the Forsaken 
Forest of the Forsaken - Joanne Brothwell

The author had this on Amazon for free for a few days - not sure if it still is, but I loved her other two books and am really looking forward to reading this one.

xxx

7 comments:

  1. Great haul! I'd love to get Kagawa's books. I have Iron Fey series, I plan to start them soon.

    Happy reading, thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome books! I am dying to read the Hush, Hush series, they sound amazing! I need to get my hands on Kagawa's books too. Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! I totally loved the Eternity Cure! And naturally love anything Maria V. Snyder! Happy Reading!

    Here's my STS

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love the Works for their deals. haha.

    The Eternity Cure is a book I need to read even if it disappoints.

    Great haul and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. some of these are new to me. enjoy them all!

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/stacking-shelves-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed Spy Glass and hope you do too.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi @ Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I SO need to go to the Works once I'm back in UKLand! *___* Amazing haul!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).