'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Thursday, 7 March 2013

Harry Potter Moment of the Week #3


This is a meme hosted by me here at my blog :).The aim of this meme is to share with fellow bloggers a character, spell, chapter, object or quote from the books/ films/ J. K. Rowling herself or anything Potter related! I will be picking a topic within HP to focus on per week and then if anyone wants to take part feel free! This weeks is dedicated to one of my favorite books of the series in celebration of World Book Day!:


Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban 
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)
Harry Potter, along with his best friends, Ron and Hermione, is about to start his third year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry can't wait to get back to school after the summer holidays. (Who wouldn't if they lived with the horrible Dursleys?) But when Harry gets to Hogwarts, the atmosphere is tense. There's an escaped mass murderer on the loose, and the sinister prison guards of Azkaban have been called in to guard the school...

I love everything to do with this book. It introduces one of my all time favorite characters and I even adored the film (despite going through a 'grr films aren't as good I hate them' faze). This is the first book where I feel that we truly explore the entirety of Harry's angst and the issues that have been raised because of his past. It's such a moving book and I still remember that absolute feeling of hope on the introduction of Sirius as a potential father figure for Harry.
A few quotes:

“He was my mum and dad's best friend. He's a convicted murderer, but he's broken out of wizard prison and he's on the run. He likes to keep in touch with me, though...keep up with my news...check if I'm happy...” 
― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

“You think the dead we loved truly ever leave us? You think that we don't recall them more clearly in times of great trouble?” 
― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

“Are you insane? Of course I want to leave the Dursleys! Have you got a house? When can I move in?” 
― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

“Sirius's gaunt face broke out into the first true smile Harry had seen upon it. The difference it made was startling, as though a person ten years younger were shining through the starved mask; for a moment he was recognizable as the man who had laughed at Harry's parents' wedding.” 
― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

“Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball.” 
― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.” 
― J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).