'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Friday, 1 March 2013

Feature & Follow #19


So here's Fridays meme: Feature and Follow hosted over at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The aim of the blog is to gain new followers! :)

How to participate:


Alison Can Read Feature & FollowGain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

What sets this Hop apart from others, is the Feature. Each week they will showcase a Featured Blogger, from all different genres and areas. Just remember it is required, if you participate, to follow the Features and you must follow the hosts (Parajunkee & Alison Can Read) as a courtesy.
                         Featured Blogs: Megz Mad Readz & Kathryn's Inbox


Q: Confess your blogger sins! Is there anything as a newbie blogger that you've done, that as you gained more experience you were like -- oops?

Definitely accepting any and every review request that came my way. I'm slowly learning to decline the ones which aren't in my genres etc. Another habit is getting far too click-happy on Net Galley. I'm weaning myself off of this habit right now!




9 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I didn't know Net Galley even existed! I feel like I'm in trouble now...I already have so many readers because I work in a book store. Now I have access to them on the internet too?? Yikes!

    I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to Netgalley, hope I won't click everywhere, lol. Thanks for the advice and for stopping by. New follower via GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. NetGalley is an easy place to get in over your head! You're not alone there. :)

    ~Ali
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a terrible habit to request any and all books that look interesting on Netgalley. I try to limit myself to 2-3 a month because I participate in a lot of book tours and don't have time to review everything. It's the sad reality most of us reviewers face :P Newbie or not these things still apply! Great FF :)

    Happy Friday!
    New GFC Follower. You have a really lovely blog!

    My FF HERE.

    -Seirra @ Dear, Restless Reader

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I had the exact same problem! I definitely learned my lesson, so now I'm way more selective when it comes to review books. Good luck with breaking the habit!

    I'm a new follower :) Here's my FF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This seems to be a popular choice! I never got into that phase really. The books I received requests for were rarely paranormals despite my review policy and the ones that were just didn't wow me. With Netgalley I tend to only grab the books I know I want to read and yeah, once in awhile I grab a new one!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Errr, I've found myself a little too click-happy with Edelweiss these days, since I FINALLY signed up for an account. I am definitely done for a while (I hope).

    GFC follower!

    My FF Post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Old Follower! I've had to stay away from NetGalley till I finish the books I put in for lol.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. New follower here. I'm amazed to see how many have made the same mistakes. I hope you have a truly great weekend!

    ~Summer
    http://summersvoice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).