'Reading a book is like re-writing it for yourself. You bring to a novel, anything you read, all your experience of the world. You bring your history and you read it in your own terms.'- Angela Carter

Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Waiting on Wednesday #15


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine , which allows us to show off the books we cannot wait to get our hands on :). 

Fragments - Dan Wells

Fragments (Partials, #2)

Kira Walker has found the cure for RM, but the battle for the survival of humans and Partials is just beginning. Kira has left East Meadow in a desperate search for clues to who she is. That the Partials themselves hold the cure for RM in their blood cannot be a coincidence--it must be part of a larger plan, a plan that involves Kira, a plan that could save both races. Her companions are Afa Demoux, an unhinged drifter and former employee of ParaGen, and Samm and Heron, the Partials who betrayed her and saved her life, the only ones who know her secret. But can she trust them?

Meanwhile, back on Long Island, what's left of humanity is gearing up for war with the Partials, and Marcus knows his only hope is to delay them until Kira returns. But Kira's journey will take her deep into the overgrown wasteland of postapocalyptic America, and Kira and Marcus both will discover that their greatest enemy may be one they didn't even know existed.

The second installment in the pulse-pounding Partials saga is the story of the eleventh hour of humanity's time on Earth, a journey deep into places unknown to discover the means--and even more important, a reason--for our survival.

Even though I've yet to read Partials (it's sat on my shelf just waiting!) and have received this on Net Galley, I can't wait to get my hands on the physical book. I've heard so many good things about Partials so really looking forward to it .

xxx

9 comments:

  1. I haven't read Partials, either, but I've seen this one on NetGalley enough to spike my interest. But I've seen reviews about it and I think it will be a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Partials, but it is on my TBR!
    New follower <3
    Beth @ YA Vixens
    Vixens WoW
    A Vixens Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Hear a lot of buzz over these books, but haven't read them. I'm picky with dystopians. Hope you love this one once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really curious to read what will happen next in this series. Partials was really good. I'll have to get it once it comes out. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks really great. I need to start reading Partials ASAP, but I'm very excited for both since I've heard fabulous things.

    Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!! I am dying to read Fragments. Partials is an AMAZING book and you should read it ASAP!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness that does sounds like an interesting book. Great pick and Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't usually read dystopians, but Partials and Fragments both sound very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading each and every one of them :).
This blog is an award free zone. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and I appreciate them :).